Research and design a small office network to meet the needs of a small office. There are 5 desktop PC’s and 2 laptops that need to be networked. Also provision is needed for mobile devices such as tablets and mobile phones to connect and share resources.
A network printer is required as well as a Network Storage Device for file sharing. The staff will also need wireless technology to connect to the network, to enable the connection of smartphones, Ipads etc.
You need to produce a design plan (using a network diagram in Visio or equivalent software)
(Unit 26 and unit 2 LO2:2.1)
Produce a report from the feedback given and analyse the changes to the design you need. Where necessary carry out further research about the changes to the design.
(Unit 26 and unit 2 LO2:2.2)
- The computers need to be able to share files between staff.
- All computers to have Internet access.
- Office application software and email software is required.
- High resolution graphics, with dual monitor display if possible.
- New updated industry standard graphic design software.
- A printer is required to produce high quality colour prints.
- Any other input/output/storage devices
- Latest technology and easy upgradeability.
- Backup data.
- Bandwidth usage of system.
- Network Security
- Networked devices
- Scalability on network
- A budget of £10k to £15k has been allocated.
Finally you need to evaluate the suitability of your proposed system specification and compare the suitability of the system design specification.
This covers the following criteria :
LO2: Be able to design small or home office networks
2.1 Design a small or home office network solution to meet a given specification
2.2 Evaluate the design and analyse user feedback
LO2: Be able to design computer systems
2.1 Produce a system design specification to meet a client’s needs.
2.2 Evaluate the suitability of a system design specification.
Write all this up and upload on 13th April 2018