Discuss any future improvements that could be made to the network that you have implemented and any changes that could be made. You need to consider scalability, hardware and bandwidth.
(Unit 26 LO3 – 4.1)
Design a maintenance schedule to support the computer system / network.
(Unit 26 L03 - 4.2 & Unit 2 LO3 – 4.1)
- Infrastructure performance: network monitoring tools, user access, traffic analysis, bandwidth monitoring, checking configuration, checking rules, show commands, traceroute
- Consider backups and for computer systems in high use areas / dirty work shop’s / factory floors.
- Then look at upgrades that need to be undertaken on computer systems.
(Unit 26 L03 - 4.2)
- When and why do you do software upgrades?
- When and why do we upgrade hardware on a computer system and when do we just replace the system?
LO4: Be able to support small or home office networks
4.1 Discuss future improvements for the small or home office network
4.2 Design a maintenance schedule to support a small or home office network.
LO4: Be able to undertake routine maintenance on computer systems
4.1 perform routine maintenance tasks on a computer system.
4.2 upgrade the software and hardware on a computer system.