Unit 26 & 2: Task 2 and 3
You are designing a SOHO solution for your office
What would you need (from an empty room, no kit or furniture)? List the equipment needed.
What's the cheapest solution you could have? (justify)
Give another solution that would look more professional, has better kit and is still under 15k (aim for 10k).
Give both a Deluxe and budget solution (both within 10k to 15k for 2nd option).
You need to produce a design plan (using a network diagram in Visio) (Unit 26 LO2:2.1 Unit 2: LO2:2.1)
Show this to the customer and gather feedback from them about this plan.
Produce a report from the feedback given and analyse the changes to the design you need. Evaluate the updated system looking at feedback from your client. Where necessary carry out further research about the changes to the design. (Unit 26 LO2:2.2 Unit 2:LO2 2.2)
Include the following:
- Devices: number of connected devices; anticipated participation
- Bandwidth: average load; peak load; local Internet availability; cost constraint
- Users: quality expectations; concept of system growth
- Applications: requirements eg security, quality of service
- Communications: considerations eg suited to devices, suited to users, lifestyle preferences, commercial requirements
- Scalable: considerations eg supporting device growth, supporting additional devices, bandwidth use trend change
- Security: considerations eg addressing policy, device participation, firewall rules, encryption preference
From the report create a A4 sized layout now, with equipment laid out and also for each device proposed IP addresses of devices. In small group set this up in the lab (Obviously you don't have IOT devices, but use you imaginationation and set what you can up).
How long would this take to setup? (use your notes from this practical session)
How can you test it? (show some tests, suggest some tests, use practical and theory for this)
The tests should consider the following:
• Internet access.
• Security considerations and addressing,
• Firewall settings.
• Suggest how internet of things devices could connect to this mock setup
This covers :-