Design a SOHO solution for your office
What would you need (from an empty room, no kit or furniture)? List the equipment needed.
What's the cheapest solution you could have? (justify)
Give another solution that would look more professional, has better kit and is still under 15k (aim
(Hint : Create a spreadsheet 1 page to 2 page)
Give both a home and mobile solution (both within 10 to 15k for 2nd option).
You need to produce a design plan (using a network diagram in Visio or Word or simple sketch).
(1/2 Page to one page)
(Unit 26 LO2:2.1 Unit 2: LO2:2.1)
Show this to the customer and gather feedback from them about this plan. Produce a report from the feedback given and analyse the changes to the design you need. Evaluate the updated system looking at feedback from your client. Where necessary carry out further research about the changes to the design.
(document feedback and make recomendations : 1/2 to 1 page)
(Unit 26 LO2:2.2 Unit 2:LO2 2.2)
Include the following (Not all needed!)
- Devices: number of connected devices; anticipated participation
- Bandwidth: average load; peak load; local Internet availability; cost constraint
- Users: quality expectations; concept of system growth
- Applications: requirements eg security, quality of service
- Communications: considerations eg suited to devices, suited to users, lifestyle preferences
- Scalable: considerations eg supporting device growth, supporting additional devices, bandwidth use
- Security: considerations eg addressing policy, device participation, firewall rules,